ESKIŞEHIR TRIP CHRONICLES- WHERE I WAS BORN

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

I was born and raised in Eskisehir.Its like snowland.Also I had spent the most of my early teenage and early 20s in Eskişehir.No, I haven't found the love of my life in Eskişehir but its the city I breathed first, I opened my eyes to the world, with a big heart and sweet smile to my family (probably :D )

As time passed away and we got abit old or just looking too young, I am visiting the city in years and recently the city progressed to become one of the best and modern cities of Turkey thanks to Mayor Yılmaz Büyükerşen. Unlike religious politics, he created a modern Europian city out of a mid-size Anatolian city.I  grew up writing to penfriends all over the world (Finland, many states of USA, UK; Costa Rica, Japan, Bulgaria etc) and I was collecting brochures from tourism offices and buying postcards from Aegean coast where I was grown up for years and also lived- and sending them to my penfriends saying Turkiye is a beautiful heaven  with great coasts and weather and modern city- we are always scared abit that Europe still think Turkiye as Ottomans, religious covered.But Turkiye is a modern country thanks to Mustafa Kemal Atatürk.

anywayz, back to my weekend trip.I had a tour around the city: Hamamyolu, Doktorlar, Espark, Bağlar, and Adalar - Porsuk river was frozen.The weather was freezing - 4 C and I could hardly survive cause my nose was sneezing 24/7. I don't know how I lived in this cold freezing cold temperature in all those past years.Istanbul is better than that.Really.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

WHAT I WORE/ STREET STYLE: Zadig& Voltaire leather handbag, Weekday jeans bought from Copenhagen, Zara coat, LCW beret

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

windowshopping at OLGUNORKUN. I remember they were the 2 shops at Doktorlar when I was going to university and there was no Espark or anything and we had a couple of cool brands/stores in the city.I bought a pair of leather pants from OLGUNORKUN in Eskişehir but left it to mom cause even medium size was XS so mom is going to exchange it due to size running 2 size smaller than normal.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us



Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
^ İnönü  they say now?

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
street dogs are super cute and super friendly

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
:D

I took some photos on the way back to Istanbul, the way was like a postcard:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Comments